A common question that homeowners have is whether their landscaping can be handled by their lawn care company and vice-versa.
While there are some landscaping services that do offer lawn care services as well, lawn care by itself is not landscape care.
Those in search of skilled landscaping maintenance services must understand the difference between the two types of services so they can hire the right contractor.
What Do Lawn Care Services Entail?
In the simplest of explanations, lawn care services focus solely on the grass.
It rarely involves anything to do with landscaping, instead concentrating on keeping the lawn healthy and well-maintained.
Homeowners can expect their lawn care specialists to handle tasks such as:
- Lawn mowing and trimming.
- Fertilizing and weeding.
- Sod installation.
- Aerating and dethatching.
- Lawn problem assessments and resolution.
It is important to note that while there are some lawn care services that claim to also offer landscaping services, unless they are trained landscapers, they are likely unable to provide high-quality landscape care.
There is more to landscaping maintenance and design than simply mulching and taking out dead plants to put in new ones, which some lawn care contractors seem to offer as a service in an effort to bridge the gap between the two professions.
What Do Landscaping Services Involve?
Compared to lawn care, landscaping focuses on the broader canvas of the entire yard design with the lawn as only one component.
In this sense, professional landscaping services typically do not include lawn care per se, unless the contractor happens to offer both services.
Landscaping contractors handle these and other tasks for their homeowner clients looking to improve the appearance of their properties:
- Landscape planning and design using plants, hardscaping, and decorative features to achieve the aesthetic appearance and type of landscape desired by the homeowner.
- Selection of climate-appropriate plant species to make landscaping maintenance easier and more cost-effective.
- Plant, tree and shrub planting, trimming, and pruning.
- Installation and maintenance of walkways, paths, ponds, and other landscaping features.
- Integration of grassy lawn areas into the overall landscape design to create a complete presentation.
- Many landscaping companies also handle additional things like outdoor lighting and sound, patio and fire pit installation, retaining wall building, and much more.
Noting these points, it is easy to see that for the most part, landscaping has little if anything to do with lawn care although the lawn can be considered a part of the overall landscape look.
Good Landscaping Needs A Skilled Landscaping Contractor
The takeaway for homeowners looking for professional lawn care and landscaping services is that the two are different, so be sure to ask the right questions.
Do not assume that a lawn care professional will or can take care of landscaping, too.
Instead, invest in landscaping maintenance and planning services from professional landscapers who have the knowledge and skills necessary to turn a plain yard into a beautiful haven, then keep it looking great all year!
Need Landscaping Work in Navasota Texas?
Landscaping Ninjas Provides Exceptional Landscaping Maintenance!
Call 979-399-8835 For A Project Estimate!
12948 Tonkaway Lake Rd, Suite 326
College Station, TX 77845